R.K.S.M.V.V Alumni Association was formed in July 2003 with the following objectives:-
- To promote fellow feeling and fraternity amongst the alumi of the College, as well as between past and present students and the teachers/staff members of the college,
- To initiate activities which would be directly or indirectly beneficial to the College and its students - past and present, and also the faculty and staff,
- To provide relief to the ex-students who are in need of help,
- To hold the Annual Re-union,
- To give scholarships, free-ships, prizes and other assistance to the deserving students for their academic pursuit.
Since its inception, the Association has been striving hard to achieve these objectives by all means and measures. The social obligations that the association fulfils are as listed below:-
- Each year the tuition fee of two students of the College is sponsored by the Alumni Association,
- Two prizes- one for Bengali and one for English - are awarded by the Alumni Association to two meritorious students of the concerned streams of the college every year,
- The price of uniforms for six needy students are paid annually by the Alumni Association,
- The Alumni Association donates a lump sum to the College Development Fund every year,
- During the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the College, the Alumni Association donated Rs. 50,000/- for development purposes,
- The Alumni Association also generously donated for the renovation of "Muktiprana Sabhagriha" - the College auditorium.
Besides extending financial assistance to the College, the Alumni Association also organizes the following:-
- The annual spiritual retreat/religious symposium
- The Annual Re-union and AGM
- Food stalls in the "Sarada Mela"
- Publishing souvenirs at regular intervals
- Sponsoring the Self-Defence Workshop conducted by Talash.
- A Motivational and Self-Development
Workshop held on 27th November, 2015.
The alumni and their alma mater meet every year on 26th January, the day fixed for Reunion. The Alumni Association organizes a small cultural programme as well on that day.
The College networks and collaborates with the Alumni through personal contacts, emails, and social networking sites.
The College website is another platform used by the College to communicate not only with its alumni, but all stakeholders. There is an administrator from among the existing faculty to supervise the updating of the website and to handle correspondences.
The alumni are a regular and prominent
presence in all College programmes like
Saraswati Puja, Annual Puja, Puja Social,
Sarada Mela and Annual Function